Hiring the right SEO company is Easy. Said No One EVER!
SEO was once an acronym that a lot of people are not familiar with. Fast forward to the present, and you’ll come to discover that more people than ever before are aware of it. These people include NY business owners. With more number of people now using the Internet on various different devices like computers, laptops, Tablet, PCs, and mobiles; more businesses are realizing the benefits of either shifting their business online or having an additional means of selling products (eCommerce store) beyond their brick and mortar store.
At the same time, there are many places that offer SEO services. From large firms to special SEO companies, small SEO firms and even individual freelancers; there are several options when it comes to selecting the right SEO agency to work with.
Traits of a Good and Top SEO Company
- The first and foremost factor to consider is the type of methods practiced by the SEO firm. When it comes to SEO there are White Hat technique and then there are Black Hat techniques. Although now most of the SEO firms will be following White Hat techniques, it is likely that some still use Black Hat techniques. Be sure to avoid these SEO companies at all cost. The long-term damage will far outweigh the short-term benefit. Google has recently modified the search engine algorithm and hence this makes it harder for SEO firms to follow Black Hat techniques. Furthermore, the watchful algorithm of Google also blacklists websites for following such techniques. Hence the reason why it is crucial to be aware of the practices followed by the SEO firm in order to avoid being blacklisted.
- There will be several firms that would be willing to take up the project of managing your website SEO. The SEO task of a website is not a simple one, it involves several tasks from initial audit, to analysis, to link building and content writing and some basic research. Hence, it is essential you first get to know more about the firm you are dealing with, shop around and gather multiple quotes along with the number of people working on the project. Furthermore, if a company offers you SEO research material without you asking for it, this can be a good sign of a reputable and hardworking SEO company.
- A good SEO firm will most likely have a good track record. Hence, request the firm to show you some of their successful work. Although SEO skills generally apply to all types of domains (or businesses), it may be a good idea to check if the SEO firm has experience with a business similar to yours. The main reason being that each domain (or business) has its own characteristics. If the SEO company is ranking on page one of Google for SEO related search terms, this can also be a sign of a reputable SEO company.
- It is a good idea to check the knowledge of the SEO professional or SEO firm prior to selecting it. There are a few SEO techniques and practices that every SEO firm should be aware of. These techniques are listed below.
- The importance of the domain name and registering multiple domains.
- The need to develop a website with good coding practices since bad coding styles will affect the crawling of the website.
- Content marketing is more important than ever; hence this would be an essential skill.
- Social Media plays an important role in the SEO of a firm. Social media has the ability to reach the masses and it is also rapid.
- The importance of a landing page.
- The SEO professional should be aware of the bigger picture in terms of your business goals.
- Clear communication is vital for the success of the project.
- Finally, ask the company about any local or national awards that they’ve won. GVATE has won 6 awards in the past two years. The number of awards that a company won can also serve as a strong indicator of their skillset.
Ideal cost and time for SEO
There is no good answer to the question of the cost of SEO and the time it’ll take to get results. Hence do not be surprised if you do not get a straight answer from the SEO professional or get many different numbers from various different SEO firms.
However, instead of getting a figure you are most likely to get a long explanation. Here is the likely explanation that you may get.
SEO services do not have a fixed package like the Gold, Titanium or others. SEO services are based on research and analysis and implementations of strategies. It is a continuous process that requires monitoring and optimizing.
If you do happen to have the time to argue about the price they will give you a figure of some sort, however it is a good idea to compare the cost and services offered prior to selecting an SEO service. At GVATE, we have a simple pricing structure that not only allows us to help you with SEO, but it also allows us to provide support for other areas of digital marketing like PPC, email marketing, and social media marketing.
There is a similar issue with the timeline of the SEO services. In general, it can take anywhere between 3 months to 1 year to find some successful results. The SEO process is not a fixed process for every website. In order to be successful at SEO, it is necessary to analyze the website and the domain. The SEO technique and strategy is likely to be different for businesses. Hence the SEO strategy adopted by the firm for each business is also likely to be unique. Thus the time taken usually varies depending on the nature of the business and their competitors too.
In conclusion, selecting the right SEO expert or company to work with requires the consideration of different variables. The pointers mentioned will definitely reduce your chances of finding yourself with the wrong SEO company.
If you are interested in learning more about GVATE’s SEO service, feel free to call or email us at (917)-960-2736 and firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.